Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Settling down

Well, life has finally settled down after the holidays. The house is almost back to normal chaos (as opposed to holiday chaos which is more colorful and seems to involve inordinate amounts of chocolate and glitter.) I enjoy the calm, spare, minimalistic feeling of the house in January as much as I enjoy the stuffed-to-the-rafters feeling of the holiday decor. The variety is nice, I guess. And starting the new year with a "blank slate" feeling seems apropos.

Our holidays were busy and fun. We celebrated Jarom's 1st Birthday, enjoyed Christmas at Grandma Mary's, celebrated Grayson's 5th Birthday, and attended a family wedding (congrats Elycia & Chip) in Utah just after New Year's. Whew!

...stay tuned for photos!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I love that picture of Jarom with a candy bar. So funny.

nadine said...

Bussy Bussy, Happy Birthday jarom and Grayson. Wow, well glad that you are back home. It feels good to be back home anad do your same rutin again.
I felt the same way. My parents stayed with us during christmas, it was great, but it is always better when you have your house back to your liking. Well it was hard on us since we have a smaller house so it was kinda crampt. But it all worked out great. I would do it again in a heart beat. The only thing I would change is that my sister and her husband could have come.

Everyone loves Twix!

Everyone loves Twix!
Dad gave Jarom a candy bar (picture by Landon)